Sholden Village Hall
Sholden Village Hall was built in 1922 by Gilbert Compton Elliot of Hull Place and is located at the bottom of Sholden New Road where it joins The Street and was given to the inhabitants of the parish to be used:
‘As a place of meeting, recreation and social intercourse under the name of Sholden Parish Hall for the advantage or benefit of the inhabitants of the Parish of Sholden aforesaid of both sexes free from any disqualification on ground of political or religious opinion and either gratuitously or in consideration of any money payment or such terms as the Trustees may think fit’
Sometime later Mr Elliot gave one acre of land off Church Lane to be used as allotments by the inhabitants of the Parish. This land to be administered by the Trustees of the Parish Hall.
The Hall and its allotments are now a registered charity and administered by a management committee who are constituted as the charity trustee and governed by The Charity Commission.
The Hall is currently used for a variety of classes and events and can be hired for private parties, birthdays etc.
Hall and Allotment Hire
Anyone wishing to book the Hall should contact : Mrs Una Finch 01304 447395
The allotments are presently all taken and the Committee have a waiting list. Chairman of the Management Committee is Bruce McArthur
Sholden Parish Hall Registered Charity No. 302829 – information kindly provided by Mr Bruce McArthur.